- Location: Remote Washington, District of Columbia, United States
- Full time
SecondMuse champions and supports the growth of future economies by designing and leading programs that involve workshops, events, mentorship networks, curriculum, and other efforts to build and grow community ecosystems. At the core of our community-sourced approach is a dedication to creating and fostering cohesive narratives and deep relationships throughout the ecosystem. We have organized innovation programs in over 100 countries and 250 cities, sourcing solutions from every corner of the world. Each program has challenged our teams to develop targeted approaches to find, and then support, visionary leaders with a diverse range of experiences, motivations and cultures. We invite you to help build with us–leverage our proven strategies to build strong communities and influence local, regional and global networks, and add your own contribution to our growing team and portfolio of programs.
SecondMuse Foundation is seeking an Associate, Marketing & Communications to support GET (Gender Equality in Tech) Cities. GET Cities is an initiative designed to accelerate the impact and influence of women in tech through the development of inclusive tech hubs across the United States. GET Cities has been created in collaboration with Pivotal Ventures, the investment and incubation company created by Melinda French Gates.
The Communications Associate will be responsible for supporting the ongoing communications, publicity, and thought leadership through multiple channels (social media, website, blogs, newsletters, etc) to share the ongoing stories of our work. Working in collaboration with the GET Cities National team, the SecondMuse marketing and communications team, and the teams in our GET Cities (Chicago, DC and Miami), this role will help to communicate the impact of our work. This is a program that is currently funded through 2024.
The Communications Associate will support GET Cities overall communications strategies, but will also be embedded into GET Cities teams at the national and city level to stay up to date on all of the program initiatives, milestones, and needs.
This role will report to the Senior Manager of Narrative and Growth, GET Cities, SecondMuse Foundation. You will work in partnership with the SecondMuse Studio Team, team that leads on marketing and communications for the company and across programs. Your schedule must overlap with core work hours and must be able to take and hold meetings across time zones.
- Manage day to day operations and content calendars of public-facing channels (including website, newsletter, blogs, and social media)
- Manage communities and engage the audience on social media platforms
- Write, copyedit, proofread, and revise communications content with an eye toward consistency (blogs, articles, briefs, etc)
- Support content production including copywriting for internal and external reports, briefs, presentations, blogs, thought leadership, and events
- Measure and present results of communication efforts
- Support GET Cities in the development of ongoing communication strategies, campaigns, and partnership and client management
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- 2+ years experience in marketing and communications
- Passion for the tech sector and gender and racial equity awareness
- Thoroughness and extreme attention to detail
- Strong demonstrated skills in writing and social media
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Disciplined in working independently; not afraid to ask questions or admit when you don’t know something
- Kind with a team-first orientation
- $55,000 annual salary
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with employer contribution
- 401(k) with employer 3% guaranteed contribution
- Employer monthly mobile phone contribution
- Flexible work options
- Generous paid time off program, including paid holidays
- Generous paid parental leave programs for all new parents
- Short-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time to participate in volunteer activities that enhance and serve our communities
SecondMuse provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.