- Title: Associate
- Report to: Director of Programmes
- Day-to-day: Programme Manager
- Location: Global (remote)
- Salary: USD $60.000 – $75,000
About 2X Collaborative
The 2X Collaborative is a new global industry body for gender lens investing, launched at the UN Generation Equality Forum 2021 in partnership with GenderSmart and the Investor Leadership Network (ILN). It builds on the 2X Challenge, launched at the G7 Summit 2018 as a joint commitment, which has invested and mobilized more than US$ 11 billion under the 2X criteria since. The 2X Criteria and underlying indicators have quickly become a global industry standard for gender lens investing.
The 2X Collaborative now brings together the full range of investors deploying capital with a gender lens all over the world: development finance institutions, pension funds, family offices, financial institutions, asset and wealth managers, private equity and venture capital funds, and other capital providers and mobilizers. It provides members with access to peer learning networks, knowledge, co-investment platforms, partnership and training opportunities, and innovative investment tools.
The 2X Collaborative and GenderSmart have just announced their merger to give a unified, more powerful voice to the gender lens investing community, drive the integration of gender into mainstream investing strategies, and shape the market at scale. Our bold vision is to transform the global finance system for good. Shaping how capital is allocated and who sits around the decision-making table, our growing community plays an active role in shaping a more equitable and prosperous world. The two organizations will start operating as one merged organization as of January 2023 and the Director of Finance & Operations will play this role in the merged organization.
We are looking for two mission-aligned and highly motivated Associates to join the 2X Collaborative. In this role, you will provide project management, content development and operational support for several programmes working closely with a Programme Manager. In 2023 the priority for these roles will be running our flagship Communities of Practices. A Community of Practice is a group of committed investors, financial intermediaries, and innovators from around the world who work together to advance thought leadership and best practice on a particular investing thematic – such as climate and gender investing or investing for the Care Economy. You can read more about our Communities of Practice here. In addition, as an Associate, you will be responsible for the delivery of other 2X events and activities as part of a remote-working programme team and collaborate with partners, members and key stakeholders.
The 2X Collaborative work environment is fast-paced and dynamic, with the autonomy to encourage your success and outcomes with the support of a collaborative team. The ideal candidate brings experience in finance/investing and is excited to work for the global industry body for gender lens investing, alongside solid project management and facilitation skills. In addition, we are looking for a true team member who can confidently build solid relationships with many stakeholders.
Operations & Compliance
- Provides project management, content development and operational support to several global programmes, including the Communities of Practice (COP), contributing to high-quality content, engagement, delivery and outputs.
- Facilitates a vibrant membership community and quality membership experience by supporting diverse stakeholder engagement, community management, digital collaboration and content creation.
- Leads the delivery of member events (in-person and virtually), including communicating and coordinating with vendors, preparing schedules, preparing marketing collateral and other tasks associated with supporting an exciting event.
- Supports Programme Managers and the leadership team with achieving strategic priorities, including content development, providing research and reports on specific topics, coordinating activities, and other tasks as directed.
- Collaborates effectively as part of a remote-working programme team under the leadership of the Programme Manager.
- Builds solid relationships and collaborates with partners, members and key stakeholders, and supports the execution of external and partner content events
- Contributes to monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) management across all workstreams.
Skills and Experience
- We anticipate this role to be suitable for a candidate with 4+ years of professional experience or comparable life experience with a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in finance / investing, with knowledge or experience in gender-lens investing.
- Rock-solid team-oriented person and highly trusted. This role will be varied; with no two days looking the same, you will thrive in being someone others can count on.
- Motivated person with professional inquisitiveness, problem-solving and digital technology skills; receptive to feedback with a growth mindset.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience delivering quality content to external audiences, including senior and influential stakeholders.
- Proven project management, time management and organisational skills, with great attention to detail.
- Good alignment with the mission and values of 2X and deep commitment to the organisation’s desire to be a role model in diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Thrives in a fully remote global team
MISSION & VALUES
The 2X Collaborative’s vision is to transform systems of finance as a powerful tool to drive intersectional gender parity, inclusive economies and sustainability. To this end, we convene and equip investors to increase the volume and impact of capital directed towards gender equality & women’s empowerment and to transform investor cultures to embed gender in all investment frameworks.
As a global organization at the forefront of gender-smart investing with an intersectional lens, we are deeply committed to walking the talk on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are convinced that organizations thrive when diverse perspectives and experiences come together. An organizational culture that truly values this diversity is at the core of our DNA. We welcome all applicants regardless of sex, gender, race, ethnicity, age, ability, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or educational background.
A salary range of USD $60.000 – $75,000, depending on the candidate’s experience and credentials. 2X employees are paid through a national payroll provider, in their local currency with a social security plan and industry-standard benefits package
- Flexible work hours with the understanding that we are a global team and will need to collaborate across different time zones within reason
- Generous vacation package to promote positive work-life balance for our employees.
- As part of our commitment to walking the talk on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to providing future benefits options that support our employees, including primary caregiving and parental support
Finance, Operations Management, Compliance, Accounting, Budget Analysis, Leadership + Management, Global Affairs, Human Resources
To apply, please submit your CV plus a motivation letter expressing your interest in this opportunity, your most relevant experiences and your connection to our mission.