- Call for Consultant Roster: Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning Consultant
- UNIT: AGILE
- REPORTS TO: Unit Sr. Director, Analytics, Gender, Inclusion, Learning and Evaluation (AGILE)
About the Role:
Winrock is building an updated roster of Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Research (MERL) Consultants, available for intermittent short-term engagements of approximately 5-7 days at a time. The MERL Consultant will lead the development of monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) sections for proposals, including proposal narratives and indicator tables. The consultant will ensure that state-of-the-art standards are met for MEL in new business proposals. The MERL Consultant interfaces with Winrock staff in Home Offices, working with the AGILE team, and proposal teams to collaboratively develop realistic and technically sound MEL content for proposals.
- Develop proposal MEL sections in accordance with donor guidance and Winrock MEL policy.
- Develop MEL sections for proposals, being sure to cite the evidence base for the approach.
- Coordinate with proposal teams to ensure that key staff responsible for the technical design are involved in developing the theory of change (TOC)/Logic model and review draft TOCs/logic models during technical proposal reviews (take the lead or joint lead on TOC/ Logic Model design).
- Lead proposal teams in indicator & target setting for proposals.
- Develop proposal narratives and associated AMELP/ AMEP/ M&E / MIS/ GESI sections to be included in the proposal.
- Provide budget inputs, such as costs related to studies, data collection, and MEL workshops.
- Graduate level degree in statistics, economics, international development or social sciences or related field
- Experience in M&E new business design, including writing MEL sections in proposals
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to meet deadlines, and work as a team player
- Experience with major donors’ requirements including USAID, DOS, DOL, USDA, FCDO
- Familiarity with Winrock’s technical sectors (economic development, agriculture, environment, energy, climate change, human rights, trafficking in persons, child labor, education, and gender equality)
- Fluency in English required
- Experience supporting international development projects.