- Deadline: March 13, 2023
- Location: Ideally Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or Nairobi, Kenya. Other African locations may be considered for the right candidate
- Salary: Competitive salary adjusted to the cost of labor in the country where the candidate resides
- Candidate Level: Management
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Sector: Children/Youth
About the Organization:
The Brave Movement is a global movement of survivors and allies, united to drive advocacy and campaigns for transformative change. We launched in early 2022 and are growing fast with members and partners in all regions of the world. The Brave Movement was initiated, and is hosted by, Together for Girls, a global partnership to end violence against children and adolescents.
The Brave Movement seeks a dynamic campaign leader to coordinate our work in Africa. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced campaigner to support and develop a global campaign movement working with partners and allies across the continent.
About the Role:
The Campaign Manager will help implement and coordinate the Brave Movement’s Africa strategy. The campaign has a particular focus on the Africa Union, with the aim of achieving legislative changes to protect children across Africa.
This position reports directly to the Brave Movement Executive Director and will manage some junior staff and external consultants. This is a 12-month position with possible renewal and will ideally be based in Addis Ababa or Nairobi (other African locations may be considered for the right candidate). This is currently a remote position with the expectation to travel to attend some in-person meetings periodically.
- Develop a dynamic Africa campaign strategy with Brave Movement partners and allies.
- Support the Brave Movement Africa Survivors Task Force in their campaign implementation and coordination.
- Design culturally appropriate innovative campaign actions and materials.
- Managing consultants, junior staff, and project budget.
- Support Brave Movement’s SAGE team, partners, and members in developing campaign skills and capacities, with a particular focus on African members.
- Work with a monitoring and evaluation team to track campaign progress and iteratively improve strategy.
- At least 5 years’ experience leading international or Pan-African campaigns in a non-profit, UN agency, or social good organization.
- Strong knowledge of the African Union, relevant political landscape, and current survivor-focused campaigns.
- Significant experience of working with international coalitions or movements.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work virtually in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Cultural competency and demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent creative skills to produce impactful campaign resources and design campaign actions.
- Committed to upholding Brave Movement and Together for Girls’ values.
- Verbal and written fluency in English and French.
- Experience working with survivors.
- Knowledge of the child protection sector.
Additional languages, specifically Kiswahili and Portuguese.
This role offers a competitive salary adjusted to the cost of labor in the country where the candidate resides, for example, the annual salary for the position for a candidate based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia will be between $56,500-$65,500. Final salary within this location adjusted range will also be determined by the candidate’s qualifications and years and type of experience.
Culture and values
The Brave Movement seeks to create a courageous, inclusive, and flexible culture that empowers our staff to have the capacity and ability to deliver change. We strive to build and maintain psychological safety, trust, and accountability among team members in order to foster honesty and openness about our needs and challenges while also prioritizing self-care.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email below.
Please ensure they are sent with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “BRAVE Movement-Campaign Manager: Africa” in the email subject line.