- Deadline: April 20, 2023
- Duration: 3-6 months
- Reporting line: CC & NRM Manager
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About the Organization:
Solidaridad is a global civil society organization (CSO) that provides market-driven solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. We envision a world in which all we produce, and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all stakeholders.
About the Job:
Main objective of the function
The Climate Change & NRM section supports country project teams to drive change through actionable climate information and innovative practices that positively impact our farmers and workers within our commodity value chains.
The position will provide daily support and assistance to advance this objective through various tasks and responsibilities as outlined below.
- Provide assistance in the collation and build-up of content for the ECA Climate Strategy, Related articles to support Climate Positioning in ECA, and the Climate-smart best practice portfolio, borrowing from Solidaridad’s ECA projects success stories.
- Support to carry out a continuous up-to-date environmental scan of potential climate finance partners across the ECA countries to inform deliberate profiling, mapping, and onward engagement strategies.
- Support to scout for tools that could be customized to improve our work around climate change, ecosystem and sustainability measurement
- Assist to undertake project related climate vulnerability assessments where applicable and compile detailed reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Environment, Natural Resource Management, Climate change or related disciplines.
- At least 1 year relevant experience and or demonstrable knowledge in environment, climate change and/or resilience would be a strong advantage
- Have proficient computer skills
- Academic coursework in conducting related primary and or secondary research
- Strong analytical and writing skills with the ability to summarize research data into meaningful findings
- Ability to work efficiently, independently, and be detail-oriented.
- Working knowledge in (written and spoken) English is required for this assignment. Capable of working in a dynamic, inter-cultural, and multi-stakeholder setting.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply: Send a one-page cover letter (including salary expectations and availability) and CV to: