- Deadline: March 17, 2023
- Location: Global (remote)
- Salary: USD $75,000 – $95,000
- Candidate Level: Management
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Sector: Environment
About the Organization
2X Global is a global membership and field-building organisation for investors, capital providers, and intermediaries working in both public and private markets. It builds investor capacity and commitment through knowledge, partnerships and tools, drives the advancement and alignment of data and standards, and shifts markets through strategic stakeholder engagement to unlock gender-smart capital at scale.
2X Global launched on 1 January 2023, following a merger between global field builder and convener GenderSmart, and membership organisation 2X Collaborative. It builds on the 2X Challenge, launched at the G7 Summit 2018 as a joint commitment, which has since invested and mobilised more than US$ 11 billion under the 2X Criteria. The 2X Criteria and underlying indicators have become a global industry standard for gender lens investing.
About the Job
We are looking for a mission-aligned and highly motivated Climate Lead to join the 2X Global team in our next phase of growth.
The Climate Lead will have overall responsibility and ownership for all the gender and climate finance work throughout 2X Global. They will lead the development and promotion of a strategic agenda, that is aligned with our strategic pillars and core priorities, to ensure the impact of our work at this nexus. This includes capacity building for members, ensuring a presence at key events, contributing to editorial and knowledge products as well as coordinating in-depth work on standard setting and broader mainstreaming. The Climate Lead will bring to the team deep technical expertise on green finance and investment, which will elevate our impact and in particular increase our focus on engaging a mainstream audience in the imperative of incorporating gender considerations into climate finance.
The below skills and experience outlines what we believe would be an ideal candidate – but we are fully aware that success and talent come from many different backgrounds and experiences. If you think your creative skills would support our mission and vision, even if you don’t meet all the requirements, please apply.
- Closing date: 17 March 2023
- Interviews (online): w/c 3 April & w/c 10 April
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Lead our climate and gender finance work across 2X Global, including leading the Climate and Gender Community of Practice (that spans content development, facilitation, project management etc), ensuring collaboration and coordination across 2X members
- Facilitate narrative building at this nexus, whilst fostering peer-to-peer learning for members as well as engaging the broader gender finance ecosystem
- Develop case studies and share know-how on structuring gender and climate-smart financial products and investments
- Design and develop guidance and best practice on gender-smart climate value add work such as gender-responsive carbon credits or gender-responsive physical climate risk screening – all with the aim of moving from the ‘why’ to the ‘how’
- Work with investors, capital providers and and intermediaries to mainstream the definition of gender-smart climate finance (as outlined in the 2X Green toolkit) within the green finance community
- Co-lead the 2X Global partnership with Equilo on climate, including building and curating a gender-smart climate finance pipeline
- Broker and build strategic partnerships with prospective members, allied organisation, including green finance industry bodies and initiators of innovation on climate and gender finance
- Organise the presence of 2X Global at the annual COP, especially during finance day and gender day, as well as at other key climate finance events throughout the year
- Supports the overall communications and amplification strategy including amplifying the foundation of tools, reports, frameworks
- We anticipate this role to be suitable for a candidate with at least 8 years of professional experience, and minimum of 2 years in climate/green finance. We are looking for someone with strong green finance experience, knowledge & expertise.
- Direct experience working at the nexus of gender and green finance is preferred but not essential if the candidate can demonstrate understanding and passion for gender-smart and inclusive finance and is prepared to learn quickly, supported by our organisation.
- Knowledge/experience of one or all of the following; climate finance methodologies and green taxonomies as well as their application to investors, capital providers and other financial sector actors; the recommendations of the Task Force for Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and their implementation across financial institutions, Net Zero Transition Strategies and Net Zero Target Setting, climate impact measurement.
- Experience across asset classes, investment instruments, geographies and sectors is a plus, and practical investment experience is highly desirable.
- Solid leadership, organising and convening skills to design, implement and facilitate high-level events, including at the COP.
- Innovative research and writing skills, with the ability to develop toolkits and narrative building content. Public speaking experience and interest is a plus.
- Experience supervising several projects, organising complex priorities and meeting deadlines, ideally within a global team.
- Good alignment with the mission and values of 2X Global, and deep commitment to the organisation’s desire to be a role model in diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Thrives in a fully remote global team.
Mission and Values
We are on a mission to equip and engage the full spectrum of investors, intermediaries, and innovators capable of transforming systems of finance through the gender-smart deployment of capital across asset classes and markets.
Our vision is one of global sustainability and equal opportunity, powered by inclusive, equitable, and gender-smart systems of finance.
As a global organization at the forefront of gender-smart investing with an intersectional lens, we are deeply committed to walking the talk on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are convinced that organizations thrive when diverse perspectives and experiences come together. An organizational culture that truly values this diversity is at the core of our DNA.
We welcome all applicants regardless of sex, gender, race, ethnicity, age, ability, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or educational background.
- A salary range of USD $75,000 – $95,000, depending on the candidate’s experience and credentials. 2X Global employees are paid through a national payroll provider, in their local currency, with a social security plan and industry-standard benefits package
- Flexible work hours with the understanding that we are a global team and will need to collaborate across different time zones within reason
- Generous vacation package to promote positive work-life balance for our employees
- As part of our commitment to walking the talk on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to providing future benefits options that support our employees, including primary caregiving and parental support.