- Location: Anywhere (remote position)
- Job Schedule: Part time (8-10+ hours per week)
Databoom is a research and communications agency that uses evidence and creative problem solving to tackle global development challenges. We are a group of question designers, story listeners, data crunchers, fact believers, problem solvers, and trend spotters on a mission to get to the heart of why. We believe that powerful insights can change the world. We work with the sector’s leading foundations and non-profit organizations to improve people’s lives through sexual reproductive health and rights, gender empowerment, maternal and child health, child protection, safe water, climate impact, and governance.
The Communications & Engagement Associate will increase Databoom’s brand awareness, increase the agency’s online presence, create and disseminate agency resources, and continually improve our online engagement and content. If candidates’ interests, skills, and experience align with Databoom’s broader work, additional hours could be available beyond social media responsibilities.
- Maintain editorial calendar for the timely dissemination of social media posts and agency resources
- Create weekly social media posts for dissemination on Databoom’s social media profiles (Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Translate complicated information into accessible language for different audiences
- Perform social media analytics on Twitter and LinkedIn; work with Databoom’s design agency to integrate metrics from website
- Author blogs, case studies, and other Databoom web resources; support other staff to write blogs and case studies
- Identify and attend key events for live tweeting; support other staff to live tweet
- Coordinate with Databoom’s design partners to create posts and other resources
- Continually improve Databoom’s online presence and strengthen its reputation through creative content, leveraging the appropriate media channels, and networking with other agencies
Skills & Experience:
- Social media or other media management experience
- Experience using social media management platforms (i.e., Hootsuite, Planable, etc.)
- Active presence on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Work experience in public health or international development or related bachelor’s degree (i.e., Health Education, International Relations, Economics, Sociology, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to translate content about measurement and analytics into reader-friendly resources
- Excellent writing skills with ability to differentiate tone between platforms
- Proactive approach to problem solving and desire to innovate and improve current processes
How to Apply: Interested candidates can complete the application and upload their resume here.