Deadline: November 18th, 2022
About Better Org
The Better Org, or TBO, is an organizational development consultancy working exclusively with social change organizations (including non-profits, social enterprises, foundations) to improve culture, increase effectiveness, and maximize impact. Our approach is informed by data, academic research, practitioner insights, and lived experience. Simply put, our mission at TBO is to build better organizations with care, commitment, and connection at their core. We provide our clients with specific technical inputs in the areas of Organizational Culture, Organizational Systems & Structures, and Organizational Learning, and have specific subject matter knowledge and experience in Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, Anti-Racism, Restorative & Transformative Justice Practices, Leadership & Governance, Organizational Resilience, and Organizational health & wellness.
We have a small core team, and a community of Associates and Delivery Partners who work on a project basis. Our business is growing, and we are looking to welcome new additions to the core team, as we take TBO to the next stage of growth.
The Consultant will manage the design and delivery of a portfolio of client projects, with a particular focus on organisational assessments, strategic reviews, and project or programme evaluations. The Consultant will also support the delivery of other client engagements and will contribute to the growth and development of TBO by supporting business development efforts.
- Design, develop, and deliver client engagements
- Conduct organisational assessments from, data collection (desk research, surveys, focus groups, interviews), to data analyses, and presentation of findings.
- Facilitate learning, sharing, or feedback workshops with clients
- Conduct bespoke research within TBO’s areas of interest
- Contribute to the development of TBO through client identification, prospecting, and proposal development.
- Write up blog posts and articles
- Work in partnership on a client engagement with the Senior Consultant and/or Associate Consultant or Delivery Partner.
- Invest time into your personal learning and growth (this is an important one!)
- Spend time resting, reflecting, and prioritising your wellbeing (this is an even more important one!)
Skills and Responsibilities
- Have at least 5 years’ experience working within the social change space with a keen appreciation of the unique opportunities and challenges social change organizations face; you may have worked directly or tangentially in Organizational Development, Evaluation and Learning, Organizational Planning, DEI, or associated areas.
- Are values driven: Our values at The Better Org are central to not just how we design, develop, and deliver our work, but how we show up in our interactions with each other, with clients, and with the world.
- Love data, you are curious, and you enjoy learning: you think about the ‘what?’ and the ‘how?’ but even more so about the ‘why?’ and the ‘why not?’
- Have experience designing culture and/or learning interventions; you may have worked as an in-house or external consultant in a previous role
- Have experience conducting workshops, facilitating conversations, and presenting to diverse groups.
- Are a strong project manager with excellent attention to detail, and the ability to effectively manage a project team, to keep things on track.
- Are a very strong writer; specifically, you can translate complex observations into accessible insights for different audiences.
- Are equally effective working autonomously as you are collaborating with others to get the job done. You can self-direct and self-manage your work as needed and can also account for how your work and actions contributes to and impact the work of the whole team.
- Enjoy communicating with people at different levels of seniority (written and verbal) and can do so effectively and with sensitivity.
- Are demonstrably sensitive to and supportive of social justice issues, particularly issues relating to racial justice, and racial equity.
- Are comfortable and/or familiar with typical software and applications, including MSOffice, G Suite, Notion, Slack, Teams, Zoom, Miro, Jamboards.
- Are practised in multitasking, meeting timelines, and adapting to change. Enjoy getting your hands dirty: this is a small outfit and so everyone needs to pitch in to keep the lights on.
Annual Salary: £40,000 pro rata plus benefits, which include 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays, office closures in July/August and over the December/January period, and an employee pension contribution.
Contract Type: Initially three days a week, on a permanent contract.
Location: The role is remote, though on occasion you will need to travel to attend in person meetings and sessions with the team or clients.
Working Pattern: We support asynchronous working patterns at TBO, so you have some flexibility to set hours that work for your personal circumstance, however, as our clients are based around the world, you would also need to have some flexibility with your availability as needed.
Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates for this role who have the current legal right to work in the UK.
If you’ve read this far and this sounds like something for you, please send an email to email@example.com, with the following:
- a short covering letter (1 page maximum) explaining your interest in the role,
- a CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile
- your (short) responses to the following questions:
- What does a ‘better org’ look like to you?
- What was the last article you read that inspired you or made you curious?
- What is your ideal working environment?
- Can you share one of your personal values? or fill in this form.
We’ll be reviewing applications till 18th November 2022 and will be interviewing from the week of 28th November 2022.
If you choose to apply, good luck with your application and we hope to speak with you soon. If you don’t think this is for you, please do send it onto a friend.