- Status: Full-time Contractor (40-hr week); 6-month term with optional extension to 1 year
- Supervisor: VP of Strategic Partnerships
- Time commitment: 200 hours total across 6 months, first 3 months: expected to be for a total of 120 hours; months 4-6: 80 hours.
- Salary: $250-$350 USD per day.
- Location: Must be based in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region
- Candidate level: Experienced
About the Organization:
Global Fund for Women’s vision is a world where movements for gender justice have transformed power and privilege for a few into equity and equality for all. To advance this vision, we fund bold, ambitious, and expansive gender justice movements that build grassroots people power to transform economic, political, and cultural systems that perpetuate gender injustice.
About the Job:
Under the supervision of the VP for Strategic Partnerships, the Consultant will support Global Fund for Women’s MENA Philanthropic Community Building and Advocacy process designed to bring more and better philanthropic resources to the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. The Consultant will also coordinate our Palestinian Feminist Anti-Violence Movements Sustaining strategy.
- Co-creation and management of a Community of Practice for MENA funders, with quarterly virtual meetings
- Facilitation and coordination of a collective Funding Creatively strategy, in which MENA funder will engage together to respond to the restrictions and limitations identified in funding movements, and in particular those mobilizing in more restrictive spaces.
- Facilitation and coordination of a collective Influencing Money strategy, in which MENA funders will engage together to mobilize more and better resources from within and outside of the region.
- Organization and coordination of an in-person convening of funders
- Coordination of and engagement with all funders involved in the MENA community of practice
- Management of the budget for this body of work
- Creation of update briefs for all partner funders
- Preparation of leaning briefs and reports for internal and external audiences
- Coordinate our Movement Sustaining strategy in Palestine
Responsibilities in facilitation and project management include:
- Managing relationships with partners and advisors in the region
- Managing all logistic and administrative duties to organize and convene partners in the region
- Facilitate processes for MENA gender justice movement actors to identify their resource needs and priorities
- Facilitating discussions and decision making among movement actors
- Co-creating with movement partners approaches and strategies to support gender justice movements
- Coordinating with Global Fund for Women staff on grantmaking operations and other resource allocation processes, including support to movement actors on their applications, grants management, and reporting, and support to Global Fund for Women on due diligence and risk management
- Working with movement partners to identify and prioritize collective and individual needs and designing a plan to address prioritized needs
Required specific content expertise knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the MENA gender justice movements landscape, including issues and politics between and among movements and movement actors
- Extensive working knowledge of the MENA-region gender justice field
- The ability to identify key movement actors, both established and emerging, and support outreach to develop partnerships with movement actors
- Fluency in oral and written English + Arabic (and French a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent skills in producing research outputs tailored for different audiences, in particular
- A clear and concise writing style, including the ability to consolidate information from a range of sources and describe research findings and analysis in non-technical language
- Ability to establish strong, collaborative interpersonal relationships with stakeholders at all levels and with competing priorities/interests, including:
- Demonstrated relationship with and understanding of MENA gender justice movements, and particularly Palestinian feminist movements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Sensitivity and appreciation for varying viewpoints and communication styles in a politically and culturally diverse environment
- Active listening and proactive learning skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Facilitation and consensus building skills related to collective decision making.
- Demonstrable experience related to the ability to organize, coordinate and facilitate regular meetings of the Movement Advisory Group.
- Ability to use technology to communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Ability to take initiative and ensure work is delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and timelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three years of program management experience or equivalent.
- A commitment to gender justice and to intersectional feminism is essential.
- Experience and comfort in engaging different stakeholders in designing and implementing evaluation plans with not-for-profit organizations and foundations, including facilitating the development of theories of change, measurement frameworks.
- Experience providing technical support and/or capacity building to civil society organizations, especially those working at the grassroots level.
- Experience working with, or within, a feminist organization or with strong knowledge of and commitment to feminist principles and values.