- Deadline: March 5, 2023
- Location: Remote within the UK
- Salary: £100,000 to £110,000 per annum (including any London weighting)
- Candidate Level: Director/CEO
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Sector: Children/Youth
About the Organization:
Hope and Homes for Children believe children belong in families, never in orphanages. Orphanages don’t protect children, they harm them. Put simply: the last thing an orphanage can provide is the first thing a child needs – someone to love them. Since 1994, Hope and Homes for Children has been working to stop the institutionalisation of children. Working across 10 countries, Hope and Homes for Children inspires organisations to close the doors of orphanages forever.
The vision is a world in which children no longer suffer institutional care. The mission is to be the catalyst for the global elimination of institutional care for children. And the aim is that by December 2030, worldwide, they will have achieved a consensus that orphanages are an unacceptable way of looking after children.
The Marketing, Communications and Fundraising team is at the very heart of what Hope and Homes for Children does. Not only does it lead the generation of the vital funds which enables the mission, but, through strategic communications, it also plays a fundamental role in increasing the demand for global childcare reform.
About the Role:
In the last 12 months, Hope and Homes for Children has launched its new brand strategy, providing the basis for the bold, strident action needed to increase the relevancy of the mission. The new Global Marketing, Communications and Fundraising directorate will lead the further development and execution of all aspects of fundraising, marketing and communications strategies.
This is a mission-critical, strategic leadership role, needing a collaborative individual with exceptional relationship management skills and proven ability to devise creative approaches to maximising opportunities for securing income. Leading six high-ambition teams, the collective efforts of the directorate will focus on building a resilient and sustainable income mix.
The Director of Global Marketing, Communications and Fundraising will model the values of Hope and Homes for Children: courage, integrity, and excellence, an individual who can channel belief, hope, and resilience through motivation.
Hope and Homes for Children has a brave, collaborative team, with a can-do attitude, full of dedicated, passionate champions for the cause. Within this context, the Director of Global Marketing, Communications and Fundraising, will provide excellent motivation and support to team members, while taking charge of exceptional operations within the directorate. They will line-manage several staff and functions and take responsibility for the following:
- Ensuring Hope and Homes for Children is positioned as a catalyst for the deinstitutionalisation of children, leveraging this position to raise significant year-on-year funding.
- Directing and enabling the identification, cultivation, and enhancement of strategic brand and funding partnerships, in the UK and globally, including key relationships that have the capacity to yield annually increasing funding, to support the organisation’s goals and ambitions.
- Understanding of the wider international landscape of childcare reform, and the global funding marketplace in order to strategically identify where fundraising efforts can be applied to achieve the greatest impact.
- Delivering a multi-year marketing, communications and fundraising strategy with multi-year goals, revenue targets, and associated key performance indications, ensuring financial resilience through the diversification and growth of income sources.
- Proactively progressing the delivery of Hope and Homes for Children’s mission and organisational strategy though the Global Marketing, Communications and Fundraising strategic plan.
- Working in partnership with the Programmes, Advocacy and Finance team, to enable the development of effective structures and processes, that will unlock the ability to scope, acquire, and maintain partnerships and fundraising relationships.
- Leading a large, robust, and diverse brand and an innovative directorate, comprising of six high-ambition teams: Corporate Partnerships; Philanthropy; Grants & Institutional Funding Partnerships; Supporters, Legacies and Data; Global Brand & Communications; and Events.
- Nurturing innovation, developing capabilities, and enhancing performance in the team to create a culture of accountability, creativity, learning, and high performance. Championing a one-team approach, to motivate and inspire, in order to implement success.
- Representing Hope and Homes for Children in all settings, at the highest levels, including leading partnership approaches and negotiations. Operating as a key relationship manager for supporters, donors, and partners, demonstrating excellent relationship management.
The following offers an aspirational view of our ideal candidate profile; therefore, we encourage applicants to identify learning and development needs, highlighting the necessary support and approach to deliver in the role successfully.
- Proven understanding and demonstrable success in global marketing, fundraising, external communications, and brand management. Including significant direct fundraising experience across a broad portfolio of income sources (including experience of personally securing seven-figure sums from individuals or organisations).
- Direct experience of prospecting, developing and converting donors, as well as proven experience of increasing life-time value through exceptional relationship fundraising.
- 5+ years demonstrable experience in a senior level, multi-discipline, fundraising leadership role, with a track record of building and maintaining high performing teams, creating strategies, and managing multi-million-pound budgets.
- Extensive practice of harnessing a range of fundraising methodologies and approaches to diversify, and build financial resilience, leveraging pertinent insights to inform decision making.
- Significant staff management experience, with the ability to coach, mentor, and manage for peak performance.
- Experience working in a global fundraising role, accountable for restricted and unrestricted income, with a proven track record of winning new business and working with a range of external stakeholders on multi year projects.
Skills and personal traits desired
- Innovation, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exceptional leadership abilities, with emotional intelligence and relationship building prowess.
- Excellent technical fundraising skills, with knowledge of a wide range of fundraising methodologies and approaches.
- Remarkable communication skills, including both verbal and written, able to present and represent the organisation in an ambassadorial role.
- Confidence and ability to network, persuade, and negotiate effectively and overcome challenges and objections that arise.
- A proactive team player, committed to the mission, vision, values, and strategic aims of Home and Homes for Children.
Hope and Homes for Children has a responsibility to ensure that the children it is working with are protected and kept safe from any harm resulting from their involvement with our organisation. This post may occasionally involve contact with children and/or access to personal and sensitive information about children. Therefore, the recruitment and selection process may include specific checks related to child protection issues.
Location: Hope and Homes for Children prides itself on being a flexible employer. They have offices in London and Salisbury, but the role can be home-based with travel as needed to key events, meetings and donor engagement.
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Manages: Global Marketing, Communications and Fundraising team
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: Zoe Oldham at email@example.com.
Please ensure they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “name of client and post” in the email subject line.