- 20th March 2023 at 0900hrs GMT
- POST TITLE: Fundraising Intern
- HOURS OF WORK: Full time – 5 days per week, 35 hours
- PERIOD OF APPOINTMENT: Six (6) months
- LOCATION: Remote working (based in Ghana)
- REPORTING TO: Business and Programme Development Manager
About the Organization:
Education Sub Saharan Africa (ESSA) is a charity improving education in sub-Saharan Africa so that young people achieve their ambitions and strengthen society.
We support university and college leaders, employers, policymakers, and young people to turn evidence into practical solutions and maximise resources. By working together, we improve education policies and delivery.
Our goal is to increase access to university or college, improve the quality of education, and enable young people to transition into work. This will support more than 1.4 million current students at over 500 universities and colleges in Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, and Zambia to achieve their ambitions, and create more opportunities for the millions that will follow. To find out more about ESSA, visit essa-africa.org.
About the Role:
The Fundraising Intern role within ESSA will provide administrative support for the whole operations team while working primarily with the Business and Programme Development Manager.
The role is seen as critical in recording, organising information and providing proposal writing support to potential funders for the organisation. The role also requires updating ESSA’s fundraising pipeline and Salesforce database.
The successful applicant will be required to collaborate with the wider team to research and develop proposals as well as accomplish other related tasks as needed.
- Provide fundraising and administrative assistance to the Business and Programme Development Manager.
- Provide support for Salesforce database management.
- Mailbox management: manage the partnership mailbox and provide standard responses to enquiries and direct specific requests to the appropriate team members for due execution.
- Attending internal and external meetings, including team meetings, fundraising working group and fundraising committee, partner meetings, among others, and taking comprehensive minutes of all meetings.
- Research and provide background information on prospects for the Business and Programme Development Manager.
- Support proposal writing with evidence and data.
- Assist with bid writing or proposal writing.
- Supporting colleagues with donor reporting requirements, as needed, ensuring high standards are met.
- Provide project management support.
- Excellent written and oral communication; clarity, structure and professional presentation.
- Ability to analyse material and distil key information.
- Passionate about improving education for young people in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Committed to the values of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage workload and effectively balance competing priorities.
- Ability to use a range of IT packages, including Office 365. Experience in using databases would be useful.
- Excellent organisational skills and eye for detail.
- Ability to work remotely.
HOW TO APPLY
Please ensure that your CV is saved using your given name and surname. For example, Samuel.Nyarko_C.V.
The closing date for applications is 20th March 2023 at 0900hrs GMT.
Please note that only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. The first round of interviews will be held on 30th and 31st March 2023.