- Location: This post has a flexible global remote location, there is a list of countries where STC can hire, please ask the recruiter for potential locations.
- Salary: Competitive salary benchmarked locally depending on candidate´s location. For UK base £51,200-£56,900.
- Closing date: 30/10/2022
We are a global membership organiZation, made up of Save the Children International and 30 national members. We share one name, one strategy and one ambition for children. Around the world, too many children still start life at a disadvantage simply because of who they are and where they are from. WE BELIEVE EVERY CHILD DESERVES A FUTURE.
Millions of children are dying from preventable causes, face poverty, violence, disease and hunger. They are caught up in war zones and disasters they did nothing to create. And they are denied an education and other basic rights owed to them. All children deserve better. We champion the rights and interests of children worldwide, putting the most vulnerable children first. With 25,000 dedicated staff across 118 countries, we respond to major emergencies, deliver innovative development programmes, and ensure children’s voices are heard through our campaigning to build a better future for and with children.
Face to Face fundraising and Telemarketing are core acquisition channels for Save the Children. Globally F2F brings in the largest number of regular givers within our individual giving portfolio, and enhancing the quality and sustainability of F2F is a priority for our Members. We are looking for an experienced candidate to support Members in growing their F2F and TM channels, implementing optimisations, and identifying and maximising relevant opportunities.
This role sits within the Fundraising Hub of our wider Resource Mobilisation, Comms and Engagement (RMCE) Team, headquartered in London, which provides strategic support and technical guidance to our Members in Asia, Europe, Latin America and North America.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to support our ambitious global income targets as part of our international team. The post is responsible for supporting the growth of successful F2F fundraising programs across Save the Children Members. You will be motivated by strategic thinking, influencing, and working alongside our colleagues around the world.
The role is also responsible for supporting and promoting best practices and innovation to drive success of the channels with practitioners and leaders across the membership. There will be a crossover with telemarketing channels, so candidates with previous telemarketing experience will be highly valued for this role.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder may be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly. This role may involve the opportunity to travel to support the set up and development of F2F and Telemarketing in new markets as well as more established fundraising markets, subject to covid-19 travel restrictions.
Global Strategy Development and Planning: Ensure that expertise is directed to the markets where we can have the biggest financial impact to deliver to our global goals.
- Lead the development of the Global F2F strategy that will drive the F2F channel forward in the new landscape it faces since Covid-19, whilst also integrating telemarketing opportunities.
- Help drive and support the implementation of this strategy across Save the Children’s fundraising programmes, ensuring that this is strategically coordinated with other global channel specialists including Donor Development, Lead Generation, Middle Giving and Legacies.
- Work with markets and international team members to optimise the F2F/TM mix in market-level strategies and contribute to producing ambitious long-term fundraising growth plans, backed by a strong long term investment case where appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to establish and negotiate agency global contracts and SLAs.
- Identify opportunities for investment and where required, support business plans, investment fund applications or board engagement.
- Be the focal point for assessing F2F activities, specifically providing channel expertise on F2F (as well as TM) for the wider RMCE Team.
- Continuously monitor performance of F2F and TM globally to flag potential risks or performance issues and create early warning systems, backed up with crisis management when needed.
- Lead on relevant IFL peer groups for F2F and TM, sharing back insights to global colleagues.
Direct Support: Work alongside priority members, providing 1:1 support to increase the volume and quality of regular donors recruited through F2F and TM.
- Provide direct support to F2F practitioners in priority markets in order to develop effective F2F and TM strategies and scale acquisition of high-quality donors.
- Assist in the development of in-house and agency plans and models for F2F and TM.
- Provide training, upskilling and where appropriate, regular coaching to build capacity within fundraising teams.
- Provide technical support in areas such as but not limited to: business cases for investment; proposition development; materials; training; locations; remuneration; incentivisation; processing; fulfilment and reporting.
- Evaluate programmes with recommendations for continuous improvement that drives higher life-time value.
- Help identify and establish effective relationships with agencies, including providing support in the design and negotiation of agency contracts and, where possible, being part of the panel for selection. This also includes creating opportunities for Members to engage in global contracts where appropriate.
- Support fundraising staff in managing agencies and optimizing performance and results.
Global Community Building:Provide a central point for skill sharing and knowledge management to improve the expertise and quality of F2F fundraising across Save the Children.
- Coordinate regular community calls with members across the globe to showcase and share best practices in F2F and TM.
- Lead strategic multi-member working groups and input into other project groups, encouraging collaboration across members and facilitating sharing and championing of good practice.
- Work with the Market Intelligence Team and all participating markets to collect, analyse and disseminate results and develop a metrics/benchmarks dashboard for regular reporting to key stakeholders.
- Create centralised collation and dissemination of best practice across the membership
- Organise skill shares and other opportunities to share best practices
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date the knowledge sharing platform on the international intranet
- Identify successful individual initiatives that have potential to be successfully scaled in other markets and share them with these markets.
- Co-ordinate peer-to-peer exchange of expertise and promote talent management opportunities across the movement.
Experience and knowledge
- A university degree in business/marketing, social sciences or a related discipline and/or relevant work experience at the professional management level, with Face to Face and where possible Telemarketing fundraising experience in a not-for-profit organisation, or a fundraising agency/consultancy firm.
- Significant experience in managing large-scale F2F operations, ideally as well as telemarketing programmes, to meet ambitious goals. This experience will preferably cover work in more than one country and include practical experience in: investment planning and business cases, agency negotiations and management, programme optimisation (especially on life-time value), analysing and reporting scripts, Fundraiser motivation and coaching, and building new supporter journeys.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships, to motivate, challenge, coach and to influence, both internally and externally, a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of being a data-driven decision maker who can foster a culture of accountability, and drive continuous improvement through testing and learning.
- An assertive and persuasive negotiator.
- Proven project management skills, delivering complex projects on time and on budget; with a strong knowledge of all the financial aspects of F2F fundraising (including analysis of costs/income, ROI, attrition data and all other KPIs relating to program management).
- Practical experience in managing F2F teams and agencies, preparing materials and scripts, analysing and reporting on donor recruitment (including long term attrition and on donor communication plans and materials).
- Proven donor relationship management experience: upgrading and attrition management, in order to maximise the lifetime value of the donor to the organisation.
- Passion for working within a global team, as well as training, skillsharing, and supporting other F2F specialists.
- Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Strong personal organisational and self-management skills; with an ability to lead and work in teams and motivate others.
- Ability to articulate the work of Save the Children with passion.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Experience managing Telemarketing strategies or programs is highly desirable.
- The ability to work in a second language. Ideally, this would be a language from one of our Members.
- Experience of working in an International team environment.
- Experience in both agency and in-house F2F models.