- Deadline: December 11, 2022
- Location: Flexibility within Europe, other locations could be considered
- Salary: € 80k-110k plus up to 25% bonus – depending on seniority and location.
KOIS is a firm specialized in impact investing. It places capital in impact ventures and funds that generate a competitive financial return, as well as a positive impact on society and environment. KOIS’ sectors of focus are health, education, and the living environment. KOIS is an active investor achieving impact through all its investments. KOIS has performed private equity investments in high impact companies across different regions.
Beyond deploying capital directly into impact businesses, KOIS offers premium advisory services to assist different types of investors in the selection of impact assets across different asset classes, with the aim of maximizing both financial performance and societal impact. KOIS also offers advisory services to assist a variety of stakeholders in developing innovative impact finance mechanisms, such as Social Impact Bonds.
KOIS is recruiting talent with a strong interest in pursuing a career in impact investing and innovative social finance. Working in an entrepreneurial and innovative environment, with one of the leaders in the field, an internationally pioneering team deeply committed to sustainability, the candidate will have the opportunity to take leadership in project management and business development.
- Lead the design and structuring of innovative impact finance products, such as impact investing funds and “impact bonds,” blending private, public, and philanthropic capital to fund social and environmental initiatives
- Oversee data and policy analyses on diverse societal topics for which finance can be leveraged (e.g., cancer care in rural areas in India, job market integration in Europe, support to Syrian refugees in the Middle East, sustainable land use)
- Manage work streams and coach, manage and support team members
- Ensure high quality of client deliverables, and lead day-to-day engagement with clients
- Support business development efforts (e.g., research and design new investments opportunities, identify and develop relationships with potential new partners)
- Participate in fund management activities (e.g., due diligence, or social impact reporting)
- Report to the Partners
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s in business administration, Finance or Economics with excellent academic record from a top university
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a manager at a leading global management consultancy and/or financial management institution (i.e. banking, corporate finance, or development banks). Experience in financial services or other investment advisory setting a strong plus.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in social and/or environmental topics (expertise in healthcare – and in particular European healthcare access – a plus).
- Strong analytical skills: ability to structure complex problems independently, strong financial background and experience in modelling.
- Project management skills: ability to independently manage teams and workplans.
- Client management: Ability to present effectively to a range of stakeholders + build strong senior level relationships with clients + develop new projects.
- Demonstrated fluency (spoken and written) in English, proficiency in French a plus.
- Upholding KOIS values for integrity, honesty, and transparency.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and proactive workstyle