- Deadline: March 23, 2023.
- Location: France
- Salary: 15.000,00€
- Candidate Level: Graduate
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Working Hours: Part Time
- Sector: Conservation / Environment / Climate
About the Organization:
MedReAct is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation dedicated to the recovery of the Mediterranean Sea. MedReAct promotes the establishment of marine reserves to protect vulnerable marine ecosystems and species and the reduction of fishery impacts by working with local communities, scientists, fishers and decision-makers. MedReAct believes in actions that lead to concrete, proven results that can improve the health of the Mediterranean Sea.
This project aims to raise public awareness and support for the establishment and strengthening of Fisheries Restricted Areas (FRA) in the Western Mediterranean.
The outreach manager will be responsible for developing and organising stakeholders consultations and follow up engagement on Fisheries Restricted Areas in the Gulf of Lion region. He or she will be part of the project core team and will work closely with MedReAct senior fisheries advisor in France.
The job holder will have the following key responsibilities:
● Identify key stakeholders from selected target groups in the Gulf of Lion to engage in local consultations through individual meetings and presentation of MedReAct’s objectives and activities on Fisheries Restricted Areas.
● Design and organize at least five stakeholder consultations with representatives from the fishing sector, and other stakeholders groups engaged in marine conservation in the Gulf of Lion.
● Support the Project core team with the development of a stakeholder network.
● Support the Project communication activities in France.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
● Provide regular monthly progress reports to the project leader and attend by-weekly coordination calls and in-person meetings of the project core team.
● Fulfil other duties as required by the project leader.
● Bachelor Degree in marine conservation or fisheries sciences.
● 1 years’ experience in a similar position or field.
● Fluency in spoken English.
● Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
● Ability to work well in a team environment and individually.
● Availability for field travel.
● Ensure that confidentiality is always maintained when sharing personal data and information.
● Work with the MedReAct team in a cooperative and collaborative manner.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) by email to: email@example.com