- Location: Africa (currently remote working)
- Start date: January 2023
- Application deadline: October 31, 2022
GBCHealth is the pre-eminent organization focused on business engagement in support of meeting global goals for health. Our vision is health equity and a global business community that contributes its assets, skills, influence and reach to create a healthier world for employees, their families, and communities. GBCHealth works with companies worldwide and with the United Nations, governments, academia, civil society & others. This September we launched future united, a global initiative harnessing the power of the private sector to fight for – and achieve – health equity, tackle the impact of climate change on health, and address antimicrobial resistance and future pandemics.
The Corporate Alliance on Malaria in Africa (CAMA) was launched in 2007. This GBCHealth-led initiative drives partnerships for malaria control and elimination across the continent. A coalition of companies with business interests in Africa, CAMA channels the collective force and voice of the private sector to help drive impact on malaria in Africa. CAMA’s work ranges from workplaces to region-wide initiatives, including the End Malaria Project in Nigeria. We also engage with partners on communication efforts in relation to malaria, including virtual and in-person events.
Reporting to GBCHealth CEO, the Program Director will take the lead in developing and implementing CAMA’s growth strategy, including increasing CAMA membership and creating new partnerships with Ministries of Health, End Malaria Councils and other malaria alliances across Africa. The Program Director will also be responsible for coordinating existing CAMA relationships, overseeing the day-to-day activities of, and budget for, the Alliance and supervising the CAMA Program Officer and any CAMA interns. As part of the wider GBCHealth team, the Program Director will contribute to our broader strategy, fundraising and communications activities.
If you are an achievement-oriented, thoughtful and confident individual, ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle challenges to advance our ambitious goals, we would love to hear from you!
- Lead development of & implement CAMA’s growth strategy, including expanding CAMA membership
- Serve as malaria technical expert for CAMA members and partners; generate ideas and concept notes for events, initiatives and other activities to educate partners, drive partnerships and collective actions
- Proactively engage with existing CAMA Co-Chairs and members (through meetings, newsletters, and other activities)
- Work with senior policy makers in Ministries of Health, National Malaria Programs and End Malaria Councils to advance CAMA’s goals
- Establish effective working relationships with other key stakeholders (e.g., foundations and corporate leaders, other donors etc.) who are critical stakeholders for GBCHealth & CAMA activities
- Drive revenue and long-term financial stability of CAMA, including developing opportunities for new projects, sponsorship and partnerships
- Lead fundraising for CAMA initiatives including End Malaria Project, including contribute to the development of proposal for private sector investments & grants
- Collaborate with the wider GBCHealth team, identifying and sharing opportunities to engage CAMA members in global platforms
Marketing & Communications
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for CAMA in Africa and at international events including speaking at and / or facilitating business roundtables, national & international events, leadership meetings etc.
- Actively seek strategic partnership and event opportunities for CAMA to be represented at regional & international levels
- Develop & implement a new multimedia communications strategy for CAMA
- Identify opportunities to feature CAMA and its partners’ activities in reports & other publications
- Oversee CAMA messaging, materials, newsletters, reports, outreach, social media, events with support from GBCHealth Communication Officer
- Manage secretariat functions for CAMA including convening meetings, reporting to partners / CAMA co-chairs and invoicing
- Continue to work with members and partners to successfully execute CAMA strategic plan (2021 – 2023)
- Lead on development of the annual workplan and budget and manage expenses
- Provide guidance in the selection, recruitment, and training of program staff; technically supervise, orient and evaluate program staff
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s degree plus seven years of experience (or equivalent) in business, public health, international development, global health communications or related field
- At least three years of experience managing a team & budget
- Experience working with the private sector on malaria and / or other infectious diseases
- A track record in securing contracts, negotiating financial & other commitments from corporate sector, high-net worth individuals and other donors
- Demonstrated success in relationship building with stakeholders at C-suite / senior level
- A track record of successfully taking an idea/concept to project implementation
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams and initiatives with a diverse range of partners and stakeholders
- Ability to be productive and effective when working remotely, across different time zones
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills
- Thrive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and can meet deadlines under pressure
We would love it if you:
- Speak French
- Are proficient in communications technologies and CRM systems
- Have a track record in developing social media content for professional / work-related projects
How to Apply:
Expressions of interest should be sent to Richard Iddrisu (Richard@gbchealth.org):
Please include “CAMA Program Director” and your first and last names in the subject line. Applications should be in English and consist of:
1. CV/resume detailing professional qualifications, full employment history, latest remuneration and relevant achievements; and
2. A cover letter which contains:
• A statement of your interest in and motivation for the role
• Examples of skills, experience and personal characteristics that you believe qualify you for this position
Please submit your resume and accompanying statements as early as possible. We’ll be reviewing and short-listing candidates as applications are received. The application deadline is October 31, 2022.