About the Organization:
Zenysis is a global technology startup that builds an integration and advanced analytics software that empowers governments and international organizations to deliver lifesaving health programs in a truly-data driven way. We are a diverse team of software engineers, diplomats and public health and development experts, and we are on a mission to transform the capacity of governments and international organizations to respond to the biggest global health challenges of our time. Governments in 12 countries across Africa, Asia, and South America currently use our software to deliver lifesaving healthcare to millions of people in need, track pandemic threats, and coordinate responses to large-scale emergencies. We are currently funded by USAID, the Global Fund, Gavi, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and PAHO among others. We also have access to venture capital funding and recently landed a US$13.3M investment that we are using to build our team and accelerate our growth.
Zenysis is looking for a Partnerships and Projects Manager to develop and expand the company’s relationship with the Government of Kenya and oversee technical implementation of projects that will accelerate and advance the Government’s national strategic priorities for the health sector. At Zenysis, we are proactive about ensuring a healthy work/life balance and invest heavily in learning and personal development. As a global company, diversity, equity, and inclusion are core parts of our values and how we conduct ourselves as a team.
About the Role:
The Project and Partnerships Manager (PPM) will be responsible for developing strong relationships with the Government of Kenya and its key partners in the health sector. This will include engaging key stakeholders on the government’s strategic priorities in the health sector and developing an actionable, high-impact scope of work that will leverage the power of Zenysis’ technology to accelerate and advance those priorities.
In addition, the PPM will take full responsibility for the success of Zenysis deployments in Kenya, including working with analysts and high-level decision-makers, running analyses, scoping engineering projects, collaborating with engineering, and ensuring that all aspects of technical implementation run smoothly.
Reporting to the Regional Director for Delivery, the PPM will also have a line of accountability to the Director of Partnerships for partnership-related activities. The PPM will ensure alignment of human and financial resources with Zenysis project delivery goals and objectives. The PPM will serve as the main point of contact for Zenysis Operations, Growth and Partnership teams, as well as in-country and external stakeholders. Over time, the PPM will be responsible for building local teams that are capable of taking more responsibility for development and expansion.
- Establish and implement Zenysis’ partnerships strategy for Kenya.
- Manage an ongoing dialogue with partners to understand their needs and goals and look for ways that Zenysis can add value.
- Manage and expand Zenysis’ partnerships with Global Health donors and other relevant organizations in Kenya.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen Zenysis’ relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Grow company revenue and expand our footprint in Kenya
- Drive all project-related activities for assigned clients/projects with attention to efficiency, timing, and superior service to the client and/or intended audience.
- Manage the project communications and processes to ensure successful outcomes and aligned expectations.
- Keep systems up to date with client launches and changes.
- Produce consistent high-level communications to internal and external stakeholders on project status, risks, and changes recommended. Execute on the project delivery processes and methodology to support quality of project deliverables.
- Assess and minimize business exposure and risks and ensure appropriate interventions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Support knowledge sharing within and across projects. Facilitate the proper archiving and accessibility of the project deliverables.
- Master’s Degree in public health, health informatics, information technology, computer science, or other relevant field.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in health-related projects including 5+ years of experience in senior project leadership roles.
- Experience with malaria or neglected tropical disease (NTD) projects is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working closely and successfully with the public health sector in Kenya.
- Experience managing BMGF, Global Fund, GAVI and/or USAID/PEPFAR funded projects.
- Strong understanding of digital health tools and systems as well as health data management and use.
- Experience building and sustaining effective partnerships with national, regional, and district government at senior levels, donors, and partners.
- Strong track record in managing projects to achieve strong results within budget and time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics.
- Experience organizing and facilitating meetings; adept at bringing diverse opinions together to achieve consensus and drive results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter describing why you are the best fit for this position. Candidates must have legal authorization to work and currently live in Kenya.