- Deadline: January 29, 2023
- Duration: 6 months
Multiple positions, flexible start dates as of now or during 2023
About Philanthropy Advisors
Philanthropy Advisors’ (PA) vision is to promote the development of strategic and impact-oriented philanthropy, to achieve more relevant, effective, and sustainable solutions across the humanitarian, international development and social impact sectors. To achieve this ambition, we offer customised services to philanthropic, humanitarian and development sector actors to support them in designing and delivering more coherent, efficient and impact-driven programmes.
Since 2012, we offer our clients advisory in a wide range of service areas including strategic and corporate philanthropy, corporate social responsibility (CSR), organisational development, change management, and impact investing. We also carry out action-research commissions, including feasibility studies and context analyses, as well as theory-based and mixed-methods evaluation missions. Our recent clients notably include: UNICEF, the ICRC, MSF, Médecin du Monde, the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs in Switzerland, l’Agence Français de Développement, the WHO Foundation, Airbus Foundation, Kering Foundation, and Fondation Chanel.
Our team comes from a social impact background and our core values shine both in our day-to-day work and in our structures. We have the ambition to be an organisation that is flexible, lean and adaptive to the environment we operate in. We bet on people to be self-aware, responsible – trusting individual capacities, promoting autonomy and empowerment, and providing support where needed.
As an intern you will be exposed to all of PA’s service areas. You will have the opportunity to actively support projects through a variety of tasks, be exposed to various clients and missions and learn how a boutique consultancy firm operates. You will support consultancy missions throughout their project management cycle, from conceptualisation, design, project management and delivery, through:
- Researching prospective clients and projects and supporting the development of proposals
- Engaging in the development of project methodologies and tools
- Scoping business opportunities (events, calls for contributions)
- Conducting literature and document reviews
- Supporting data collection and data analysis
- Participating in client briefings and meetings
- Supporting the drafting of deliverables, including presentation materials
- Assisting in back-end company work (tools, processes), administrative tasks and ad-hoc internal projects
For this versatile position, you will bring initiative, work quickly and independently, be solutions oriented with excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills, and feel comfortable in the lively and impact-driven working environment of an international boutique consultancy firm. In addition to your interest to actively contribute to impact-driven programmes, you will bring the following:
- Eligibility to work as an intern in France or Switzerland (all applicants must currently be enrolled with an academic institution, internship agreement will be required)
- Enrolled in a master’s degree in political sciences, international affairs, development or humanitarian studies, public management or a related field
- Organisational skills and affinity for project management tasks
- Knowledge of research methodologies
- Flair for analysing, summarising and organising information
- Prior experience of, or exposure to, humanitarian and/or development and/or not-for-profit operations and/or CSR, and/or foundations (including volunteering and internships)
- Previous research experience will be an asset
We have a team of expert in-house consultants with diverse academic and professional backgrounds, with many years of experience in the humanitarian and development sectors across multiple contexts of intervention.
- Opportunity to get an overview of the not-for-profit and philanthropic sector, from within a dynamic, ambitious and growing international boutique consultancy firm
- Access to our unique network which will open doors to exciting career opportunities
- A varied and paid internship
- Ability to work remotely
Applications should be labelled “Internship PA 2023_YourName” and sent by the 29th of January at 23:59 to email@example.com. They should be in English, in one PDF file, and only contain your written answers to the four questions below (max 2 pages – Font: Arial 11) and your CV. A letter of motivation is not required. Please specify your availability and do not hesitate to get in touch for questions regarding this position at the above-mentioned email address.
- If you had to introduce yourself in 100 characters, what would you say?
- Which one of Philanthropy Advisors’ sectors of work interests you the most, and why?
- What would you say are the main challenges Philanthropy Advisors’ clients are facing?
- Pick an event that, in your opinion, shaped 2022, and briefly discuss its current and future implications.