- Deadline: July 5th, 2023
- Location: Remote
About the Organization:
Women in Informal Employment: Globalizing and Organizing (WIEGO) is a global network focused on securing livelihoods for the working poor, especially women, in the informal economy. We believe all workers should have equal economic opportunities and rights.
WIEGO creates change by building capacity among informal worker organizations, expanding the knowledge base about the informal economy and influencing local, national and international laws and policies.
About the Job:
WIEGO’s Communications Team is responsible for providing strategic direction on institutional communications and practical communications support and training to WIEGO programmes and teams, and the wider WIEGO Network. The Communications Team is a group of highly motivated and hardworking, multilingual professionals. We strive to bring respect for each other’s skills and perspectives in our work, and we have fun while doing it!
We are currently seeking a Digital Content Producer to envision and produce short-form creative and engaging multimedia content for WIEGO’s digital channels including website, email and social media.
The Digital Content Producer will report to the Digital Marketing Manager and have the following responsibilities:
- Plan, conceptualize and produce engaging and creative digital content and resources ranging from video, graphics, audio and other multimedia for WIEGO’s digital channels (including but not limited to social media, website and email) in accordance with WIEGO’s advocacy, research and communication priorities;
- Storyboard, shoot and/or edit video content to support the development of our digital channels and content strategy, in accordance with WIEGO’s advocacy, research and communication priorities;
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to identify and prioritize digital contentneeds and gaps, contributing to WIEGO’s content strategy;
- Contribute to WIEGO’s content calendar, planning and managing the production ofnew content accordingly and balancing different projects and deadlines;
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager and the Digital Team to identify opportunities to pilot new digital content formats, as well as curating and repurposing existing WIEGO content where possible;
- Attend meetings with the WIEGO Team, members of the WIEGO network and/or partners to gather requirements, brainstorm design approaches, develop creative briefs and/or deliver digital content for WIEGO’s advocacy and communications efforts;
- Coordinate and liaise with freelancers and agencies on specific projects where necessary;
- Ensure digital content meets WIEGO’s brand guidelines and stays within WIEGO’svisual identity;
- Monitor digital content trends on an ongoing basis, and provide suggestions forintegrating relevant trends in WIEGO’s communications work;
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager and Digital Communications Officer to prepare reports analyzing the reach and engagement of WIEGO’s efforts across its digital channels
- To be successful for this position you will need to have:
- 3+ years experience in graphic design and video/audio editing for digital channels, particularly social media. Experience doing this work for social justice-focused or non- profit organizations considered an asset;
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree level education in Communications, Marketing, Design or Media Production (desirable). Training in International Development and/or Gender considered an asset;
- Experience and/or interest in working with a social justice-focused organization;
- Fluent in English and advanced written and spoken Spanish and/or French. Trilingualism (fluency in the three languages) is considered an asset;
- Attention to detail, proactive approach to work, good organization skills to be able to manage competing deadlines and requests;
- Experience producing multilingual digital content (i.e. subtitling multilingual videos, producing different language versions of graphic or visual materials) for social justice organizations;
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and/or After Effects), Canva Pro, or other video editing and/or graphic design software;
- Knowledge of social media platform content types including requirements for visual assets including graphics, videos, etc;
- Knowledge of and experience using digital analytics and platform best practices (i.e. YouTube analytics) to optimize and refine content and content strategies;
- Access to high-spec content production equipment (phone, camera, etc);
- Good understanding of current online trends and how to turn technical content into content that is engaging and drives digital action;
- Willingness and ability to travel and attend in-person events to capture content.
This is a 4 day/week consultancy role until the end of March 2025 with renewal of the contract thereafter on an biennal basis by mutual agreement and subject to satisfactory performance. The position is offered with an initial 3-month trial contract. The position is home-based and successful candidates will need to have their own office and office equipment.
Pay is dependent on experience, location and the role profile as defined by WIEGO’s Remuneration Policy– this will be discussed with the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit your application to email@example.com which will need to include: a cover letter, explaining how you fulfil the above requirements;
- a cover letter, explaining how you fulfil the above requirements;
- curriculum vitae with 2-3 contactable references;
You will also need to include the following in your application:
- Share your portfolio/website with us showcasing your most recent work OR
- Share 2 recent examples of a social media video and 2 recent examples of a social media graphic you created, from ideation to production, and tell us why you like it / why you think it was successful.
Please note that only candidates who have included this information in their application will be considered.