- COMPANY: Black Fox Philanthropy
- LOCATION: Remote, MA
- TYPE: Contract
- DESCRIPTION: Researcher (Part-time, Contract, Remote)
About Black Fox Philanthropy
Black Fox Philanthropy is a quickly-growing fundraising firm serving leading nonprofits in the global social sector. We help clients secure significant financial resources so they can focus on doing their work in the world. Black Fox is a woman-owned certified B Corp and advises nonprofits across all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals. Our culture is one of purposeful action. We work with a high level of integrity, ferocity, intelligence, and a heart for the world. Black Fox is family-friendly, valuing flexibility, meaningful impact, and outcomes over punching a clock. Our Mission and Values are at the core of everything we do. Find more on the Black Fox Code here: http://blackfoxphilanthropy.com/black-fox-code/
This is a remote contractor role for a funder candidate researcher. Key responsibilities of a Researcher include:
- Identify prospective funders for a wide array of NGO clients.
- Perform sophisticated database queries and internet research to develop research pipelines for individual clients.
- Prepare profiles on institutional prospects, including background and financial research.
- Collaborate with research team on prospect identification needs and criteria.
- Maintain prospect research systems to ensure that research output is trackable, accessible, and easily understood in order to meet client fundraising goals.
- Actively stay on top of news, philanthropic publications and alerts to identify new prospects, the latest trends in prospect research, and new tools and resources.
WE WANT YOU TO APPLY IF…
- You have a passion for helping to solve some of the world’s most pressing problems as a valued contributor.
- You drive for results, and delight in exceeding expectations.
- You enjoy an outcome-oriented culture that values flexibility and accountability.
- Personable and professional with clients, strong verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive research and produce concise profiles
- Knowledge of research databases and techniques
- Strong aptitude for understanding and distilling complex financial data (990 reports etc.)
- Ability to exercise good judgment in balancing deadlines and prioritizing multiple projects
- You exhibit high levels of organization and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills, self-motivated and ability to self-manage, but with strong collaboration skills.
- Two or more years of work experience focused upon fundraising and funder prospect research.
- Essential Attributes: High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, attention to detail, high degree of initiative, and demonstrate an overall drive to build lasting fundraising success for the client organizations.
EDUCATION 4-Year Degree Required
This is a remote, contract role. The time commitment is estimated at 10-20 hours per week but fluctuates as the work is executed on a project basis, providing a great deal of flexibility for the contractor. Projects are paid on a flat fee basis and on an hourly basis (averaging $25/hr – $35/hr).
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the role is filled. The interview process will consist of a screening meeting as well as half hour interview with hiring manager, technical interview, and final interview with CEO, all over video conference. Black Fox Philanthropy strongly encourages people of all backgrounds to apply.