Closing date: 20/11/2022
CBM Christoffel Blindenmission / Christian Blind Mission (CBM) is an international development organization who is committed to improving the lives of people with disabilities in the poorest regions of the world, regardless of origin, gender or religion. Based on our values and more than 100 years of professional experience, we fight poverty both as a cause and a consequence of disability. In doing so, CBM works together with local and national civil society organizations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The goal is to create an inclusive world for all.
Position Overview The Senior Internal Audit Officer will provide professional advice to internal audit team with regard to internal control systems and financial compliance and will propose strategies to strengthen country office control systems and procedures. Reporting to the Senior Manager Internal Audit the Senior Officer will be a proactive, fast learner and hands-on auditor who will work collaboratively with colleagues and partners to deliver high quality internal auditing services.
CBM has an annual turnover of c. EUR 100 million cash donations, the Senior Internal Audit Officer will be auditing and supporting small and large offices ranging in budgets but on average will work with country offices with c. EUR 4-10 Million annual budgets. They currently work with Teammate as their audit management tool and have a centralized global accounting system.
This post requires a strong collaborator who has worked in multi-cultural environments, ideally in different languages, being a stress resilient auditor who is able to support field staff and guide them to comply with the financial and programmatic tasks. The incumbent must be able to travel c. 30% of the time, mainly within Africa and must like working with people in different locations.
- Proactively manage assigned tasks in the internal audit universe including taking lead in Internal Audit (IA) and deputize the Senior Manager IA.
- Maintain accurate data management (document IA findings and the follow-up of action points)
- Coach IA guests and IA team members before and during the IA on-site exercises
Internal Audit Field Work
- Carry out risk based, routine and event triggered audits and investigations on-site to ensure compliance with operational standards and procedures, policies, the safeguarding of assets, the economical and efficient use of resources, and established operational goals and objectives.
- Investigate detected issues and prepare the internal audit findings for follow up by Finance and Operation development (FaOD) and Programme Delivery officers.
- Following up arising matters and anticipate emerging issues related to the whistle-blower system case management.
- Any other additional tasks to be specified by line-manager
Communication & Coordination
- Communicate efficiently with business units and relevant stakeholders to ensure effective coverage of internal audit assignments and their follow-up of action points.
- Support Senior Manager Internal Audit in regular reporting to the CBM executive management and other forums.
- Support to maintain the Internal Audit SharePoint site.
- Develop lessons learnt on detected internal audit issues for continuous improvement of the organisation’s operational processes.
- Support to strengthening competencies on IA matters within the CBM Federation including orientation of new staff CBM International and training on the CBM Whistle-blower System.
- University Degree or equivalent qualification
- Adequate Finance Qualification, Business Process know how (CPA or CIA and /or certified fraud examiner)
- Profound knowledge of International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, International Professional Practices Framework, International Financial Reporting Standards and International Standards on Auditing
- English (professional proficiency), French / German (advantageous)
- Proficient in MS Office, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and TeamMate
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent active listening, written communication, and verbal cross-cultural communication skills
- Analytical Thinking, Result Orientation, Building Collaborative Relationships
- Stress Management, Personal credibility
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Highly organized, with an appreciation of meeting reporting commitments.
- Demonstrated learning agility, pro-activeness and openness to embrace new technologies at work.
- Identification with CBM’s mandates and values.
This post can be located in one of CBM´s African regional hubs or country offices, ideally:
- Regional Hub Africa East and South /CO Nairobi, Kenya
- Regional Hub Africa West and Central/CO Lomé, Togo
- Country offices: Lusaka, Zambia or Yaoundé, Cameroon
- Other potential country offices: Kigali-Rwanda, Kampala-Uganda, Harare-Zimbabwe, Abuja-Nigeria, Pretoria-South Africa, other cities will be evaluated.
Salary will depend on location. Estimated annual gross (before tax) compensation range including base salary + fixed cash allowances and bonuses + variable/performance-based pay + in-kind benefits:
- Cameroon CFA Franc (XAF) 22,208,666 – 25,115,901
- Togo CFA Franc (XOF)14,463,174 – 17,964,637
- Kenya Kenyan Shilling (KES) 4,065,862- 6,121,703
- ZambiaZambian Kwacha (ZMW) 349,011- 452,083