- Deadline: February 17, 2023
- Reports to: Tech National Director
- Location: Remote
- Salary Range: $85,000 – $100,000, based on Oakland’s cost of living; the range is adjusted for location.
- Contract Type: Full time
- Candidate Level: Management
About the Organization
Dream.Org closes prison doors and opens doors of opportunity. We bring people together across racial, social, and partisan lines to create a future with freedom and dignity for all. We are working to build a future wherein “we the people” means all of us.
Dream.Org’s tech program is a national program leveraging technology to attain transformative change in Black and Brown communities by creating better access to technical careers and entrepreneurial capital for diverse leaders with the aptitude and mindset to dismantle racial and economic inequality.
As a result of inequitable access to technical education and poor diverse representation in the tech workforce, existing systems lack perspective, perpetuate biases and exacerbate polarization. Transformative change in Black and Brown communities requires more than a simple scaling-up of training and placement initiatives to diversify the tech sector. Transformative change also entails diminishing barriers to capital and elevating the brightest diverse talent to impose systems-change. Getting capital and exposure to Black and Brown founders will have a trickle-down, inspirational effect on emerging diverse technical talent. For this reason, Dream.Org’s tech program is launching its newest pillar of programming focused on cleantech innovation – Entrepreneurship!
Dream.Org seeks a dynamic leader who has experience supporting entrepreneurial business development through the 3 funding phases: early, growth and late stage. VC relationships and incubator/accelerator partnerships will be key in this role as you manage and grow Dream.Org’s prestigious Business Council, primarily composed of clean tech Black and Brown founders. Additionally, this lead will be responsible for developing, launching and executing tech entrepreneur programs like the Dream LaunchPad, focused on cleantech innovation. In order to be successful in this role, one must be data driven and agile.
Under the guidance of the Tech National Director and in alignment with the department’s annual goal plan, the Tech Entrepreneurship Senior Manager will:
- Develop, lead and manage Dream.Org’s Business Council strategy
- Grow and manage Dream.Org’s Business Council membership
- Partner internally with Justice and Green For All leadership to grow and nurture a tech entrepreneurial network aligned to advance our shared social impact goals
- Develop strategic partnerships with tech incubators, accelerators and VCs to position our entrepreneurial network (Business Council and Dream Launchpad Finalists) for success, growth, and scale
- Work closely with the Green For All team to advance goals for minority contracting and supplier diversity in the sustainability field, and with respect to the climate infrastructure/IRA implementation opportunities
- Support fundraising efforts and contribute to grant writing processes to raise money for entrepreneurship programming including the Dream LaunchPad
- Partner internally with the Organizing Director to engage the Business Council network in Dream.org events and mobilizations
- Partner internally with the Director of Career Pathways to align Business Council member needs with career pathway/training programs we may offer
- Develop, plan and execute Dream.Org’s inaugural LaunchPad Competition
- Execute all Dream LaunchPad events in partnership with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Partner with our marketing team to co-create a plan to promote the Dream LaunchPad to target audiences with a goal to attract the best ideas in the field and to effectively leverage Dream.Org’s brand in the ecosystem
- 5+ years of professional experience with a track record of managing projects or programs that were designed for social impact
- Must have experience in or strong knowledge of clean tech and/or social justice space, innovation, and understanding of other organizations and players on the cutting edge of the field
- Demonstrated ability to develop and leverage working relationships with key decision-makers, partners, and diverse stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work effectively
- Experience leading and providing direction to junior staff and partner stakeholders
- Experience working in driven and fast-paced teams, often working under pressure while maintaining congenial relationships and high quality of work
- Willing to take initiative, exercise good judgment, and use diplomacy and discretion
- A self-starter who can work independently and manage up to the National Director
- A strong demonstrated commitment to racial and economic justice
- Ability to organize your time to maintain high levels of productivity in a 100% remote environment
Up to 15% travel for events, trainings and retreats.
This position will be reviewed starting February 17th until a candidate is hired.
- All full-time employees receive Medical, Dental & Vision coverage.
- Dream.Org pays 100% of premiums for employee, spouse and dependents.
- Part-time employees receive 50% coverage.
- After a 6 month waiting period, employees can contribute to our retirement plan. Currently, Dream.Org offers up to a 5% match.
- We also offer a flexible spending, pre-tax program for medical expenses, dependent care expenses, transit expenses and parking expenses.
- All full-time Dream.Org employees accrue 4 weeks of vacation time off and 12 days of sick time off over the first year of employment. Part-time employees accrue time off on a prorated basis.
- In addition to 10 paid holidays, Dream.Org also provides paid time off from December 24th through January 1st each year.