- Deadline: March 19, 2023
- Location: Remote in Latin America & the Caribbean (LAC) region
- Salary: $37,080 USD
- Candidate Level: Management
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Sector: Women’s Rights
About the Organization:
Fòs Feminista is as an intersectional feminist organization centered around the sexual and reproductive rights and needs of women, girls, and gender-diverse people. Led and governed by the Global South, Fòs Feminista works as an alliance of organizations in 40+ countries worldwide to advance sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice. As the connecting fabric of this alliance, Fòs Feminista orchestrates transnational and transregional action, amplifies partners’ work, and promotes South-South learning and collaboration toward achieving common objectives.
Together with our partners, we provide access to sexual and reproductive health care, including contraception, abortion, and care for victims of gender-based violence, and we reach young people with comprehensive sexuality education. We recognize that the ability of women, girls, and gender-diverse people to make free and informed choices about sexual and reproductive lives, including to access safe and legal abortion, which is central to their life plans and to achieving gender and reproductive justice. As such, we are at the forefront of advocating for sexual and reproductive health and rights from an intersectional lens in national, regional, and global spaces, coordinating with our partners to ensure that diverse experiences, priorities, and voices of the Global South are represented in these spaces.
About the Role:
The Senior Officer – Social Enterprise and Impact Investing will have commitment to and alignment with Fòs Feminista’s principles and values of social justice, equality, and non-discrimination which are an essential to our work advancing the sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice for women, girls, and gender-diverse people, particularly in the Global South.
The Senior Officer – Social Enterprise and Impact Investing will have an instrumental support role in coordinating the Innovation and Social Enterprise Lab (the Lab), a collaborative learning platform for partner organizations to build their business skills and develop sustainable strategies for expanding access to sexual and reproductive health and rights for women, girls, and gender-diverse people. The incumbent will lead in curating existing programs and tools that best cater to partners’ needs, including facilitating the Lab’s Incubator Program, through which Fòs Feminista works with cohorts of three to five partner organizations over six-month periods to validate, build, and launch new ideas for social enterprise models using lean innovation and human centered design.
They will also play a support role in the implementation and monitoring of the Feminist Impact Fund (the Fund), currently a $2.5 M gender lens debt fund, through which Fòs Feminista offers low-interest loans to support partners to launch social enterprise models and innovative solutions.
- Support the implementation of the Innovation and Social Enterprise Lab’s programs, including the Incubator Program by coordinating with partner organizations, consultants, and vendors to ensure contents, technical accompaniment, and communications of the Lab are streamlined and deadlines are met.
- Lead the facilitation of the Social Enterprise Lab’s Incubator Program by creating and presenting theories and facilitating workshops for Fòs Feminista partner organizations on a weekly basis.
- Collaborate with the Director of Financial Sustainability and Innovation and other Fòs Feminista team members, including Country and Financial Focal Points who permanently engage with partners, the Partner Organization Finance team, and occasionally people on the advocacy and projects teams to provide tailored technical accompaniment, supporting partner organizations in the Incubator Program to become investment-ready; to access concessional debt financing from the Feminist Impact Fund and/or other financing opportunities for launching or scaling social enterprise initiatives.
- Collaborate with external consultants engaged by the Lab to support due diligence processes of the Feminist Impact Fund, facilitation of the Incubator and other programs, develop key content or graphic design for the Lab, among others.
- Collaborate with the Director of Financial Sustainability and Innovation to provide ongoing tailored optimization accompaniment for partner organizations from past cohorts as they evolve their social enterprise ideas and implement go-to market strategies, collaborating to help coach through pain points and challenges.
- Collaborate with the Director of Financial Sustainability and Innovation to coordinate, monitor, and ensure that activities performed by the Lab adhere to the requirements and commitments made to donors who fund a portion of the Lab’s work.
- Periodically write comprehensive reports in English that align to the requirements and formats provided by donors about key activities performed by the Lab.
- Identify and support the design and coordination of opportunities and spaces for knowledge sharing related to social enterprise, financial sustainability, and impact investing among partner organizations in the Fòs Feminista alliance.
- Support, on an as needed basis, the investment and due diligence process for the Fòs Feminista Feminist Impact Fund, currently a $2.5M six-year gender lens debt fund, including, but not limited to, participating in information-gathering conversations with partners, leading drafting investment memoranda (in English) submitted to the Investment Committee, and performing basic financial, commercial, and impact analysis.
- Build relationships rooted in trust and empathy with partner organizations, engaging in ongoing dialogue to listen and uncover any emerging needs around financial sustainability and social enterprise that could be addressed with programming from the Innovation and Social Enterprise Lab or investment from the Feminist Impact Fund.
- Develop narrative, create content, and identify strategic channels to communicate the offerings and work of the Lab and the Feminist Impact Fund in a way that is aligned to the Fòs Feminista brand and narrative to strategic internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop content and narrative for proposals and reports to donors that focus specifically on the Lab’s work in collaboration with Fòs Feminista’s Resource Mobilization & Digital Communications Unit.
- Familiarity and/or experience working with human-centered design, design thinking, lean innovation or similar methodologies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to tailor communications to a wide variety of audiences from different backgrounds and experiences and develop executive content and material.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills for high-level collaboration with staff, partner organizations, and the Board of Directors.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to manoeuvre spreadsheets and assess financial models.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills (including abilities in PowerPoint/slide development).
- Ability to liaise and engage with multidisciplinary teams and vendors (including subject matter experts and consultants, graphic designers, and web developers).
- Ability to network extensively and manage relationships effectively.
- Proven ability to work virtually and independently, managing multiple concurrent workstreams and prioritizing across competing tasks.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment (a self-starter, flexible, and resourceful).
- Proven ability to be a creative problem solver and manage and grow a program or area of work.
- Solid understanding of, and commitment to, sexual and reproductive health and rights through an intersectional feminist lens.
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-racism and other forms of oppression, including to a process of self-reflection and transformation around implicit bias.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Spanish. Proficiency in at least one of Fòs Feminista’s other core languages (French or Portuguese) is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Political Science, Communications or similar, MBA or postgraduate degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in senior roles, including high competency in advisory services related to working with non-profits, and/or social enterprises to build business models, financial projections, and growth plans.
- Experience working in multicultural settings.
- Ample technical experience (at least 3 years) in one or more of the following areas:
- Facilitating social enterprise incubators or accelerators.
- Supporting impact investment funds.
- Leading advisory support in go-to-market strategies, ideation, strategic planning, capacity strengthening for non-profits or social enterprises.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email
Please ensure they are sent as PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “Fos Feminista” in the email subject line.