- Job Identification: R2730
- Location: Taraba
- Job Schedule: Part time
- Deadline: Not specified
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
About the Job:
- The LGA Field Officer will support the implementation of SMC at the LGA/community levels by overseeing all aspects of SMC activities at the LGA, health facilities and community levels.
- He/She is responsible for planning, implementation and coordination with local government representatives and community level stakeholders, as well as reporting.
- The LGA Field Officer will ensure quality implementation/delivery of SMC services by health facility workers (HFW)/supervisors and Community Drugs Distributors (CDDs) at the community level through the timely delivery of SMC commodities and supplies, provision of supportive supervision, training and documentation of program activities.
- She/he provides supportive supervision and supports training of the above actors and ensures respect of SMC administration protocols.
- She/he interacts with the state team and LGA management team, keeping them updated on the program progress and ensuring a high-quality SMC implementation.
- Preparation of all LGA field activity reports, following collation from the LGA administrators, providing feedback on areas which need correction and submission of the final hard copy report for assigned LGA to the Technical Manager after approval.
- Assist the MSH State M&E Specialist on data quality issues/queries and ensure identified issues are rectified in time.
- Assist the MSH State Finance and Admin on timely collation and submission of all documentation for payments
- Ensure submission of End of Cycle (EoC) report, success stories, trip reports etc.
Program Implementation, Treatment Tracking and Management:
- Monitor the implementation of all SMC activities in assigned LGA
- Ensure accountability of received commodities and supplies
- Responsible for the coordination of capacity building for other field workers
- Track progress towards achievement of SMC targets in assigned LGA and ensure timely implementation of planned activities to meet targets.
Coordination and Representation;
- Manage stakeholder relationships with all partners involved in the implementation of SMC in assigned LGA
- Responsible for overall planning and coordination of all LGA and community level activities in assigned LGA.
Administrative and other Duties;
- Ensure the development of individual and team action plans
- Overall planning of stock level, making sure they are sufficient for the operations at SMC sites
- Coordinate and oversee the overall collation of retirement documents for all activities conducted in their assigned LGA for submission to the state finance team.
- Ensure all forms and documents are filled correctly
- Review and collect payment supporting documents from field workers and vendors for submission to the LGA Supervisor
- Arrange and sort documents for ease of review and processing. (LGA per LGA, activities per activities)
- Confirm validity of payments documents received from participants (e.g Receipts, Hotel bills, attendance, Timesheets)
- Resolutions of issues and follow up with participants
- Coordinate and ensure movement of payment documents from Field/LGA to MSH state offices for processing.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support data retrieval and review at the facility and LGA and monitor their entry into a database. Follow-up with sites for missing data
- Support all data quality improvement activities including data validation and Lot Quality Assurance survey
- Support coordination of meetings to promote learning, feedback and adoption of best practices
- Keep track of availability and use of M&E tools at health facilities and LGA during SMC implementation.
- Support the State M&E Specialist in updating SMC databases and Performance Framework.
- Minimum of ND or equivalent qualification. Clinical Officer, Nurse, Public Health or other relevant qualifications.
- At least 2 years field experience in related field.
- Fluency in English, Hausa and/or other local languages is required.
- Experience working in drug/commodity supply management, M&E and logistics.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences including LGA staff, HFW and community leaders.
- Experience of conducting quality supportive supervision and data use.
- A broad range of experience including logistics, training and capacity building ability.
- Experience of managing teams.
- Experience of working at LGA level.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills particularly Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Flexible ability to work both as an individual and as a team member and under stress in what can be a harsh environment.
- Ability to find solutions to complex problems in a challenging environment.
- Ability to speak and understand English Language.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should; Click here to apply.