Deadline: March 24, 2023
About the Job:
The ISS seeks an experienced and committed researcher to work on the rule of law, accountability and justice in Africa. We need an analytical thinker with exceptional project coordination, communication and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will be based in the Pretoria office, reporting to the Head of Special Projects.
- Initiate, plan and undertake primary and secondary research and analysis
- Maintain proactive relationships with ISS colleagues, external partners and regional and international organisations
- Help with administrative and logistical activities
- Assist with effective monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline; project management qualifications are desirable
- At least three years of relevant work experience in a policy, research, government or other relevant professional environment
- Experience researching the rule of law and accountability
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse individuals and groups in government and civil society
- Excellent written and verbal English skills; French skills are an advantage
- Strong project coordination skills, including designing and implementing complex projects/events
- Working knowledge of communication and social media platforms
- Strong planning, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Understanding of results-based management and reporting
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Willingness to travel
How to Apply:
The contract will be for 12 months with the possibility of renewal. A competitive salary is offered.
Email your application to Rekha Valabh at email@example.com. Applicants must provide a cover letter articulating their interest and suitability for the position, a CV, copies/links to 3 recent writing samples and three contactable referees.
The ISS values diversity, professional integrity and innovation in the workplace. Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.