- Deadline: April 7th, 2023
- Salary range: 28k-32K USD
- Start Date: May 2nd, 2023.
- Type and Length of contract: Professional consultancy contract, 12-month fixed term contract. Taxes and international bank transfer fees shall be paid directly by the consultant.
- Location: Remote with a preference for Central European Time Zone or Eastern Standard Time
- Coordinates with: Strategic Partnerships Team
About Fundación Avina
With roots in Latin America, Fundación Avina is a global foundation that connects, guides, and directs (financial and non-financial) resources to promote collaborative efforts designed to address system imbalances that affect those most vulnerable in the global South. Our goal is to build a more equitable and resilient world. To do it, we promote collaborative impact, focusing on three interconnected pillars of sustainable development: 1) Climate Action; 2) Just and Regenerative Economy; 3) Democratic Innovation.
About the Role
You will join our Strategic Partnership team, which provides guidance and coordinates the organization’s efforts to bring in funding from the smallest individual donor to a high-profile corporate partner or an individual major donor. You will also support the organization in creating new opportunities for collaborative funding and new initiatives. In this role, you will work across the Strategic Partnerships team, providing operational support, including maintaining our CRM database, assisting our donors and fundraisers in meeting our yearly targets, and conducting research on funding sources and potential collaborations with other funders. We seek someone with excellent people skills, drive, initiative, and determination. You’ll be diligent with details and accuracy and have a dynamic approach to your work.
- Support research funding sources and trends with a foresight to help position Fundación Avina ahead of major funding changes.
- Keep up-to-date donor profiles of both current and prospective donors to support the development of tailor-made institutional strategies.
- Identify, monitor, and schedule funding opportunities and financial mechanisms from public development cooperation institutions.
- Support the coordination of acquisition processes in collaboration with Programmatic teams, including letters of inquiry, concept notes, and grant proposals.
- Support updating the prospect donor pipeline and individual donor journey touch points.
- Support planning field visits for Donors, in collaboration with Programmatic staff, for main funders.
- Support the development of a standardized mechanism for communication with donors, including preparing correspondence, reports, and presentations for donors as required for internal and external use. Support in editing and proofreading.
- Support reporting on fundraising progress against targets, preparing reports, and delivering presentations to the senior leadership team.
- Participate in virtual and in-person team meetings periodically.
- Ensure communication support for the annual offerings for donors.
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience in an international setting (ideally in the non-profit sector).
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies (prospecting, cultivation, negotiating, and execution) that allow expansion of program operations.
- Knowledge of European Union financial instruments, strategic plans and regulations as well as other European Development Agencies (Agencia Española de Cooperación (AECID), Agénce Française de Dévélopment (AFD), among others) is an asset.
- Experience in grants management, business development, fundraising, strategic partnership development, and non-profit organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, Communications, International Development, or similar preferred.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM, ability to perform internet research, and familiarity with web-based/virtual technologies (e.g., Skype, WebEx, Dropbox) is required.
- Fluent in written and oral capacities in English (required), Spanish (required), and Portuguese (desirable).
- A great communicator with excellent writing and editing skills.
- An inclusive and motivating team-player, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to recognize and respect differences in people with respect to culture, beliefs, personalities, and perspectives.
- Collaborative work toward the achievement of team and/or organizational goals.
- Ability and willingness to learn new tasks and understand new assignments.
- Flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Committed to high standards and continuous improvement.
- Ability to think of creative solutions to problems; comfortable trying new tactics or strategies.
- Attention to detail, ability to systematically follow procedures, and critical analysis skills.
- Able to work independently and maintain deadlines without hesitating to ask questions or to seek guidance when necessary.
Please send CV with two professional references and a letter of intention by April 7th, 2023.