Deadline: May 28, 2023
About the Program
The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a full tuition fee scholarship ordinarily awarded to one outstanding female student per academic year. The student must be a national of and resident in an eligible developing country, who pursues a postgraduate taught Master’s programme within the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Science.
Applicants must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- hold a minimum 2:1 Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification.
- have formally accepted an offer to study one of the following full-time, postgraduate taught Master’s programmes at Swansea University for entry September 2023:
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Biochemistry), MSc
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Microbiology), MSc
- Clinical Psychology and Mental Health, MSc
- Cognitive Neuroscience, MSc
- Genomic Medicine, MSc
- Healthcare Management, MSc
- Health Data Science, MSc
- Health Informatics, MSc
- Medical Neuroscience, MSc
- Medical Radiation Physics, MSc
- Nanomedicine, MSc
- Public Health and Health Promotion, MSc
- Research Methods in Psychology, MSc
- be female.
- be a new student to Swansea University from September 2023.
- within their application, demonstrate strong academic ability, financial plan to study and motivation for their chosen course at Swansea University.
- be a national, and permanent resident of an Eira Francis Davies Eligible Countries 2023 as listed by the World Bank Country and Lending Groups classification as being ‘low income’ or ‘lower-middle income’ as of 1 July 2022.
- not receive any other financial support from Swansea University (e.g. tuition fee reduction, scholarship or bursary).
- not be a progressing student from The College, Swansea University.
All applications will be considered by a scholarship committee. Shortlisted applicants then may be invited to interview as part of the selection process.
- Application Deadline: 11:59pm (BST) Sunday 28th May 2023
- Latest Invitation to Interview: 16th June 2023
- Interviewing period: 19th – 23rd June 2023
- Decisions: 3rd July 2023