- Location: San Francisco, California (Remote)
- Employment Type: Fellowship
- Working Hours: 20-30 hours a week.
- Salary: Salary of up to $58k annually plus benefits.
- Candidate Level: Experienced
About the Program:
The Everyday Feminist: The Key to Sustainable Social Impact: Driving Movements We Need Now More than Ever, by Global Fund for Women President and CEO Latanya Mapp Frett, is a practical blueprint to social justice, highlighting how grassroots feminists are changing the world — and what we can do to support them.
The Everyday Feminist Fellowship is housed at the Global Fund for Women under the Brand and Culture Team, working closely with the CEO’s office. The Everyday Feminist Fellow will work to surface and amplify the voices of everyday feminists who are leading movements and making change in their communities, organizations, countries, and the world; support CEO with virtual and in-person book events; assist with media and speaking engagement outreach; contribute to organizational messaging including a regular Everyday Feminist feature in Global Fund for Women’s e-newsletter programs; and more.
The Everyday Feminist fellow should have interest in using storytelling, social media, and media to raise awareness around critical issues in gender justice movements. The Fellow will be exposed to a variety of interrelated functions within Global Fund for Women, including grantee partner and movement experience priorities, event management, social media management, research and writing, content and editorial development, and more.
- Support planning and execution of virtual and online Everyday Feminist events
- Assist with media outreach and tracking
- Social media content creation and monitoring
- Write The Everyday Feminist and Brand and Culture content and outputs as needed
- Source additional speaking and promotion opportunities for Everyday Feminist
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- Experience writing clearly and concisely for the general public via communications work, journalism, or other
- Experience with event planning or other project management experience
- Strong oral communication skills in English
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multicultural environment independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to bring and share creative and innovative ideas for broadening reach of Global Fund for Women
- Commitment to mission and vision of Global Fund for Women