A full–tuition scholarship for a woman in science, technology, engineering, or math. Funded by Cards Against Humanity. Applications for the 2024 academic year open this fall.
Applications for the 2024 academic year open this fall. To apply, film a three–minute educational video of yourself explaining a STEM topic you’re passionate about. To apply, you must be a high school senior or an undergraduate college student. To view videos we’ve liked in the past, check out our previous winners.
Your video should be:
- A mini–lecture, not a personal statement. Pretend you’re a lecturer speaking to a class. Teach us something.
- Clear, creative, accurate, and a demonstration of your passion for the subject. We value novel, memorable approaches to topics. Your video doesn’t need to be fancy or high–tech. Production value is not a factor.
- Three minutes or less in length. Videos longer than this will not be considered. No exceptions!
- About any STEM topic, not necessarily your field of study. Pick a topic that excites and fascinates you. We don’t need to hear about the latest thing in science news (unless that’s your jam).
- Scientifically accurate. We encourage you to cite the sources used to research your topic. Ideally, this would be in a slide or frame at the end of your video. You can use any citation format you’d like.
- Uploaded to YouTube and marked ‘public.’ No exceptions!
Please note: Part of being a science communicator is leading by example. If applicable, please film your video in a way that complies with your local safety regulations related to COVID-19.
An advisory board of women who hold higher degrees and work in a broad range of STEM fields will review applications and select finalists. Finalists will be notified in early 2024 and will move onto the next round to submit additional materials. A winner will be announced in April 2024.